How To Pretend You’re At SXSW 2013
SXSW Music 2013 is underway! But perhaps your boss cut back on travel or you blew your budget on a trip to Midem. Either way, you can't afford to head to SXSW this year, but still don't want your hip rating and your Klout score to sink to the Osmond family level. There's still hope. Use these strategies to pretend that you jetted into Austin for a few hours.
- But be sure to turn off your location or geotagging on Twitter, Foursquare, Flickr and all your apps so no one knows where you really are.
- Follow and contribute to the tweets at #SXSW
- No one can track you are when you call from your cell to share how good the bbq at Stubbs was last night.
- The safest answer to "Dude, where were you last night?" is always "Man, that line was too long. I'll try to catch up with you later."
- Force yourself to listen to as many of the 1000 songs as you can stand on the unofficial SXSW 2013 torrrent and pick out a few to talk about that really suck.
- TuneIn, Slacker and 6.3 million other music streaming sites have special SXSW channels.
- AFTER SXSW: Print out the official schedules and maps. Crumple them up, sit and spill a little beer on them. Then leave them around your office during the week after the conference.