Overheard At The New Music Seminar #NMS2013
- Matt Harmon of Beggars Group: "An indie label looks for artists because they have real interest in music."
- @bryancalhoun: "If you dont geo-target & personalize your lists, then you aren't maximizing your direct to fan. You are just spamming via @sarahmary
- Bandzoogle CEO @DavidDufresne: "Musicians need mobile-friendly websites—not apps. "Email is the ultimate app."
- @AudiophiliacMan: "If you really love the band you should BUY the album and if you buy the album it should be the best quality"
- Kenny Gates @piasrecordings: "Streaming is replacing piracy."
- Paul Campbell, CEO, #AmazingRadio: "We pay artists 100 x more than streaming for in-store performances." (via @MosesAvalon) and "What we're really interested in is having people lean forward while they are leaning back."
- ""only 30 mil people in the US who pay for music on iTunes, only 100 mil in the world" via @mostdefinitemax