How I Listen: Hypebot’s Clyde Smith
As part of Hypebot's 9th Anniversary celebration, we're featuring some old friends and familiar names. In this ongoing series, How I Listen, we ask industry leaders and artists to share how they discover and consume music. This edition features Hypebot Senior Contributor Clyde Smith, author of Flux Research and Crowdfunding For Musicians.
1) What device(s) do you use to listen to music?
2) What streaming music service(s) do you use most often?
YouTube, SoundCloud, Musicplayr
3) Besides recommendations from friends, how do you discover new music?
I regularly find music via NPR online, MTV Hive and otherwise randomly on the web. I periodically check out what's happening on cassette labels that also offer streaming and that feature noise and related genres.
4) What new music are you listening to most this week?
In the last week I haven't been listening to any new music though I did hear some I'd rather not hear again. I've mostly been listening to older stuff from musicians like Anthony Hamilton and Colin Munroe.
5) Shameless Plug: What are you promoting/launching/planning that you want to share.
I'm currently relaunching my homebase at Flux Research where I'm going to be focusing on themes related to Founders and CEOs in addition to archiving select pieces of mine from other sites.
Keep up with new developments via my low-volume Flux Research email newsletter.