12 Ways To Make More Money With Your Music
Cyber PR celebrated the holidays with a series of posts titled "12 Days of Monetization" featuring 13 writers, including a bonus poster, discussing a variety of ways to make money with your music. The approaches range from psychological to technical but they all offer practical tips and ideas for improving your money-making abilities. Whether you need to shift your perspective or simply tighten up your ecommerce game, there really is something for everybody here and, for a change, that's not a bad thing.
Ariel Hyatt discusses "12 Days of Monetization" and what she hopes to achieve with the series:
"There is a lot of focus on what artists are not getting, and on the struggle. I want to focus instead on how to get a little bit more on what we all want, and that is to make money with our music. In that spirit, I have asked 12 of my favorite people to share with me their thoughts on monetization."
And share they did:
12 Days of Monetization
1) 60 Do’s and Don’ts of Monetizing Your life in Music – Julie Flanders
2) What’s Really Stopping You From Making Money From Music? – Nikki Loy
3) How to Make Money from Live Shows – John Taglieri
4) How Do You Get People to Buy Your Music? – Debra Russell
5) Selling Direct-to-Fan via Your WordPress Website – Ross Barber
6) 12 Ways to Make Money from YouTube – Jay Frank
7) Making Money from YouTube Part 2 – Bobby Owsinski
8) What Will it Really Take to Make Money from Music? – John Oszajca
9) Connecting with Fans Through Contests – Corie Kellman
10) 4 Alternative Avenues to Monetize Your Music – Michael Shoup
11) Invest In Yourselves – Peggy Dold
12) 5 Super Simple Steps That Will Make You Money At Your Next Show – Madalyn Sklar
B) It’s 2014. Time To Stop Starving and Start Living Empowered! – Jo-Ná A. Williams
Now go make that money!
[Thumbnail image via Madalyn Sklar's post.]
- Make More Music Money With YouTube in 2014
- SXSW 2014 Announces Music Conference Sessions: Trends and Making Money
- Hypebot Search: Money
Hypebot Senior Contributor Clyde Smith (Twitter/Facebook) is building a writing hub at Flux Research. To suggest topics about music tech, DIY music biz or music marketing for Hypebot, contact: clyde(at)fluxresearch(dot)com.