Spotify Adds “Sort You Music” To Get You Playlists In Order
Spotify is offering a solution to this universal problem with a new web app developed by The Echo Nest team dubbed "Sort Your Music."
Sort Your Music lets users sort playlists and save them based Echo Nest parameters:
- Energy - The energy of a song – the higher the value, the more energtic. song
- Danceability - The higher the value, the easier it is to dance to this song.
- Loudness - The higher the value, the louder the song.
- Length - The duration of the song.
- Acoustic - The higher the value the more acoustic the song is.
- Valence - The higher the value the more positive the song is.
- Popularity - The higher the value the more popular the song is.
To use Sort Your Music, login with your Spotify credentials and give the app permission to modify your playlists. Then, select the playlist you want to work on and, after a few seconds while all of the song data is retrieved, your playlist will appear in table form:
To sort the playlist, click on the column headings for any of the parameters. When you are satisfied with the changes, just click save, and your playlist will be updated. Get started here.