Adele Sales Update: Sales Top 2.8 Million, More Records Broken
- Adele’s 25 has now also broken the sales record in Canada, selling at least 261,000 albums in just over four days, according to Nielsen Music.
- In the U.S., Nielsen Music has an updated sales total of at least 2.8 million albums, through Day 5, including 1.45 million digital albums.
- On Tuesday, November 24, after only four days of release, 25 broke the U.S. sales record, which had previously been held by N SYNC'S No Strings Attached since the year 2000, with a 4-day sales total of 2.433 million.
- Additionally, the album is already the best-selling album of 2015.
- Adele holds another U.S. sales record – 21 is the only album in history to be the top-selling album for two years. It was the best-selling album of 2011, with sales of 5,824,000; and it was also the best-selling album of 2012, with sales of 4,414,000.
- Billboard is scheduled to report 25's debut week (7 day) sales on Sunday, November 29, once Nielsen has finished processing its weekly data.