The Revenue From A Single Taylor Swift Concert
For those curious about how much an A-list superstar like Taylor Swift makes off a single concert, a recent performance at a publicly owned stadium offers a unique look at such an event's revenue breakdown.
Guest Post by Bobby Owsinski on Music 3.0
If you ever wondered where the money goes when an A-list artist gives a concert, the Tampa Bay Times laid it out pretty well.
This is financially what happened during a Halloween concert given at the venue by Taylor Swift:
The show was a sellout at 56,987. Swift received 100% of the ticket sales, which initially amounted to almost $4 million, including a $2.75 million guarantee.
- But there's some intrigue here, as at the last minute Swift's production company became the concert promoter, which means she may see even more money in the end since the final income from tickets was actually more like $5.8 million.
- $843,947 of that was split between the Tampa Bay Sports Authority and Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team.
- Merchandise sales brought in $40,784 (which sounds low to me).
- Food and drink sales amounted to another $244,626.
- Parking is always a big money maker at concerts and this one was no exception at $127,798.
So the concert brought in about $6.2 million and Taylor Swift kept over $4 million of it, which just goes to show how much money is generated by an A-list artist on the road.