Extra Perks That Entice CD Buyers [INFOGRAPHIC]
When it comes to the buying habits of music consumers, throwing in some extra perks with your album can up the chances of a fan being willing to purchase a copy, whether it's exclusive tracks, membership in a fan community, or just some especially cool album art.
Guest Post by Bobby Owsinski on Music 3.0
Everyone knows that if you're music doesn't connect, then nothing else matters, but a British study (which I also quoted yesterday) has found that certain extras offered with CDs really make a difference when it comes to making a sale.
As this chart below shows, there are various extras that streaming listeners take into account before purchasing a CD, including (in order of importance):
- Exclusive tracks not found anywhere else
- Making the disc a limited edition (i.e. #59 of 500)
- Cover artwork designed by the artist
- Priority booking of gig or concert tickets
- Discounted or bundled merch
- Exclusive access to online content
- Membership in a fan community