Former Bandzoogle chief David Dufresne has exited Bandcamp after a year as the d2f platform's Head of Strategy and Growth. "I plan to re-immerse myself in the Montreal startup and VC investor community, check in with my contacts across the music industry and music tech scenes," writes the popular music tech exec.
• MTV senior publicist Tamika Young is departing for Spotify, where she will be joining the Communications team a Manager.
• Songkick has named Rebecca Silverstein as direftor of PR. She joins after 10 year at The FADER.
• Chris Wright, who sold Chrysalis to EMI, 26 years ago, has to returned as chairman of the label following its acquisition from Warner Music by Blue Raincoat.
• Valory Music SVP Promotion George Briner has named Adam Burnes as Midwest Director of Marketing & Promotion.
• Online dance music production learning platform FaderPro announces a partnership with Beatport, which will see all their courses available to purchase through a dedicated page on the download store’s Beatport Sounds section.