SoundCloud 101: Guide To Making Money On SoundCloud
Similar in its design to YouTube Monetization, SoundCloud Monetization gives artists the opportunity to play ads during their tracks, giving them a chance to make actual money of SoundCloud. Here we look at how it's done.
Guest Post by Ta'Rikah Jones on SymphonicBlog
SoundCloud Monetization allows artists and labels to include audio ads to play during their tracks, which allows you to make money on SoundCloud. It is very different from SoundCloud Go.
Here’s how you can make money on SoundCloud!
Essential Monetization Facts:
- Users hear ads while playing your music on mobile and more
- Whitelisting = no copyright issues preventing you to upload
- Pre-clearance ensures your publishing is properly setup
- Monetization only available in current territories
- We will ensure your track stays online during clearance
- Service is similar to YouTube but with different processes
Symphonic Distribution can help along the way to ensure you can maximize revenue!
What Territories Does Soundcloud Monetize?
Australia, the US and its territories: Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marianas, Virgin Islands, the UK and its territories: Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, Ireland, France and its territories: Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, New Zealand, Canada, and Germany.
How much will you make on SoundCloud?
This depends on how much traction your song and its associated profile are getting. So do your best to promote heavily to bring more attention! Check out these tips to maximize your SoundCloud profile!
If you have more questions about SoundCloud Monetization, visit our Knowledge Base!