Voice control, some analysts believe, is the killer app that will take music streaming mainstream, as well as, encourage more paid subscribers. This week has been flooded with major voice controlled music announcements and product launches from Sonos, Amazon, Google and today from Spotify.
Millions of Android users globally can now control Spotify through any Google Assistant supported devices. The voice feature is available to both Free and Premium Spotify users. Previously Spotify voice control was only available on Google Home devices.
If you’re just getting started with Spotify on Google Assistant on your mobile, the music streamer offers a few tips:
- Link your Spotify account and set Spotify as your default music service
- Ask your Google Assistant to play music! Here are a few sample voice commands to get you started:
- “Ok Google, play Spotify”
- “Ok Google, play Discover Weekly”
- “Ok Google, play Today’s Top Hits on my Chromecast”
Full support for Spotify on Google Assistant will be rolled out in the coming weeks. For more information, click here.