Spotify, Pandora Beat Apple Music In Brand Intimacy Survey
Music takes center stage in MBLM's Brand Intimacy 2019 Study with Spotify, Pandora and Apple Music all landing in the in the top 5. Brand Intimacy is defined "as the emotional science that measures the bonds we form with the brands we use and love."
U.S. Top 10 Most Intimate Apps & Social Platforms Brands 2019
"Although a ubiquitous part of our daily routine, apps & social platform brands continued to underperform in our 2019 study," stated Mario Natarelli, managing partner, MBLM. "These brands are perceived as free utilities. They rank lowest in the smartphone ecosystem and now trust is emerging as a key challenge as these brands try to mature. However, strong performers such as Pinterest are creating powerful bonds – especially with women."
Other significant apps & social platforms industry findings include:
- The category increased its average Brand Intimacy Quotient from 18.0 in last year's study to 25.4 in 2019
- Pinterest doubled its score of 22.0 in 2018 to 44.9 this year
- Last year's leader, Apple Music, fell to the #5 position
- Pinterest was the #1 brand for women
- Spotify was the #1 brand for men
- Pinterest was also the #1 brand for millennials, users over 35, users with incomes under $75,000, and those with higher incomes