NIVA Testifies Before Congress To Lobby For #SaveOurStages: WATCH LIVE @ 10 AM ET TODAY
Adam Hartke, co-chair of The National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) Advocacy Committee and owner of WAVE and The Cotillion in Wichita, Kansas will testify before the Senate Committee on Commerce today, Tuesday, Dec. 15th at 10 AM ET.
The hearing by the Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection will look at the impact of the COVID-19 shutdown on the live entertainment industry including artists, venues, and related industries.
NIVA has advocated for a series of measures that would offer a financial lifeline for the live events industry, including the Save Our Stages Act.
The bill, introduced by Senators John Cornyn (R-TX) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and led by Representatives Peter Welch (D-VT) and Roger Williams (R-TX), now has more than 230 co-sponsors.
Other witnesses today include:
- Mr. David Fay, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
- Mr. Adam Hartke, Owner, Cotillion and WAVE
- Mr. Ron Laffitte, President, Patriot Management
- Mr. Pete Pantuso, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Bus Association
- Mr. Michael Strickland, Owner, Bandit Lites
NIVA also supports the extension of the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance for the millions furloughed and laid off.