Spotify beats Apple Music with HiFi audio launch
Spotify announced yesterday that it would launch a super-Premium tier streaming CD-quality sound.
Spotify’s new HIFI tier came as part of a major series on announcements on Monday.
The addition of lossless streaming puts Spotify ahead of Apple Music in serving the key audiophile demo.
Spotify shared five things you need to know:
- High-quality music streaming is consistently one of the most requested new features by our users.
- Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality, lossless audio format to your device and Spotify Connect-enabled speakers, which means fans will be able to experience more depth and clarity while enjoying their favorite tracks.
- Ubiquity is at the core of everything we do at Spotify, and we’re working with some of the world’s biggest speaker manufacturers to make Spotify HiFi accessible to as many fans as possible through Spotify Connect.
- HiFi will be coupled with Spotify’s seamless user experience, building on our commitment to make sure users can listen to the music they love in the way they want to enjoy it.
- Spotify HiFi will begin rolling out in select markets later this year, and we will have more details to share soon.