How to use Spotify Wrapped to amplify a year of hard work and making great music
The 2021 edition Spotify’s popular Wrapped is live for both fans and artists.
Spotify Wrapped offers fans a look back at what the played the most last year. For artists Wrapped is not just a review of stats and accomplishments, but also a chance to share and amplify successes with fans and industry professionals.
With Spotify the #1 streamer globally, using sharecards, sharing stats and then asking fans to spread the word can have real impact. Fortunately, Spotify For Artists has simplified the process.
Artists and their teams log-in to Spotify for Artists to view their sharecard like the one from Japanese Breakfast above and microsite, now available in 31 languages.
New this year for artists are:
- Audio Aura, a visualization of an artist’s songs based on the moods, genre, and sounds associated with their music
- Throwback Track that showcases an artist’s top catalogue track that is still going strong
- All of the artist’s listed collaborators
They join returning features:
- Total hours streamed
- Increases in followers, total listeners, streams, or playlist adds
- Total number of top listeners
- Total number of fans sharing the artist’s profile, albums, and songs
- Info showing the journey of an artist’s top track: Number of streams, how it traveled around the world, the day when it had the most listeners at the same time, playlist adds, and more.
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.