Focus your efforts at the start of 2022 with predictions from 9 music industry insiders
Confused by headlines about the metaverse, music NFTs, vinyl shortages inadequate streaming income and more? You’re not alone, so we asked 9 smart music industry insiders what topics and changes they were focused on as we begin 2022.
- Jay Gilbert: “Artists will continue to find audience growth success outside of the traditional label ecosystem.” (more)
- Mark Mulligan and the team at MIDiA: “From social video, through to game streamers and independent artists, 2022 will be the year of the creator.” (more)
- Ariel Hyatt: “Work on your mindset. Put simply this is a collection of beliefs that make up your mental attitude and filter how you see the world.” (more)
- Jesse Kirshbaum: “2022 will shatter the record for most events and shows designed with a hybrid mentality.” (more)
- David Deal: “In 2022, the metaverse will become an economic force to be reckoned with.” (more)
- Bobby Borg & Michael Eames: “The business of synchronization (licensing in film, TV), will continue to rebound after its decrease during COVID-19.” (more)
- Tony van Veen: “Frustrated with vinyl, the industry turns to the CD as the next physical media format.” (more)
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.