DistroKid now offers 21 free services for artists
DistroKid has always created useful free services for artists using the service despite a low $20 per year price for unlimited music distribution. With some new additions those free artist services now total 21.
The full list of free artist services from DistroKid:
- HyperFollow — One link to rule them all! HyperFollow is a free and easy way to make web pages that showcase your music, videos, social media links, and more.
- Mini Videos — Free, short customized videos to post on social media.
- Promo Cards — Dozens of free, instantly customized images you can use to promote your new releases online.
- Upstream — Upstream is DistroKid’s optional (and free) matchmaking service that helps artists & record labels find each other. If you join and a label loves you, they’ll contact you directly. There’s no obligation to sign a record deal. Opting into Upstream does not take any rights, royalties or percentages from artists — and you can leave any time.
Get Heard Now
- Slaps.com — A social network for musicians, optimized for high engagement.
- Playlist Spotlight — Get voted onto the DistroKid genre playlists.
- Wheel of Playlist — Spin the wheel to get on our Spotify playlist.
- Spotify for Artists Instant Access — Spotify for Artists helps artists get the most out of Spotify. Manage your artist profile, learn about your listeners, and share feedback with the Spotify team.
- Apple Music for Artists Instant Access — Apple Music for Artists will help you better understand the impact of your music across Apple Music and iTunes. Identify music milestones and all-time bests. Find out who your listeners are and where they’re located. Upload your public artist image and bio.
- YouTube Official Artist Channel (“OAC”) — Official Artist Channels are designed to help artists and their teams get the most out of YouTube. Upgrade your channel today to gain access to analytics and tools that will help you engage with millions of fans and better manage your presence on the platform.
- Audiomack Connect — Connect to your Audiomack account and upload music directly from DistroKid.
- Twitch — Apply for Twitch’s incubator program that helps artists grow and earn money directly from fans on Twitch.
- Tidal Artist Payments — If a fan on TIDAL’s HiFi Plus tier loves you SO MUCH that you’re their most-listened-to artist, you’ll receive up to 10% of their subscriber fees. Learn more on Tidal’s website.
Enhance Your Music
- Lyrics — Add your lyrics to streaming services & search engines. Once you have added plain lyrics, you can also add time-synced lyrics for Instagram, Spotify, Apple Music and more!
- Credits & Liner Notes— Deliver credits for songwriters, producers, musicians, engineers, and more.
- Dave — Dave is our automated A.I. bot who will analyze your music. Give him a try!
Helpful When Needed
- Mapping Updates — Streaming services sometimes group artists together who have the same (or similar) names, or create a new artist page instead of using your existing page. Good news is, we built a thing to help out with this exact problem!
- Spotify URI Looker Upper — Find your Spotify Artist/Album/Track URI
- Apple ID Looker Upper — Grab your Apple Artist/Album/Track ID for any releases you have uploaded.
- YouTube Allowlist — If you opted into YouTube Content ID but want to remove claims from any specific video(s), you can add to the Allowlist here.
Protect Your Music
- DistroLock — Protect your music from unauthorized release.
- Vault — Free, unlimited backups of everything you have ever uploaded to DistroKid. Includes audio files, artwork, UPC, ISRS(s) and more.
To access, sign into DistroKid and click the “Goodies” menu at the top.
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.