Illmind launches metaverse, NFT based music production community Squad of Knights
Illmind, the 2X Grammy award-winning producer, has launched Squad Of Knights, the first metaverse and NFT based artist and music production community.
Powered by Moonwalk, an NFT utility and web3 platform, Squad Of Knights hopes to provide thousands of music creators and visual artists the tools, incentives, and mentorship needed to collaborate virtually and IRL.
Illmind gained notoriety earlier this year when he auctioned off a collection of his music samples as royalty-free NFT’s.
“Finding people to work with is tough… The Squad Of Knights NFT Project is a long-term journey to solve this problem and put the focus back on real human-to-human connectivity.”
The Squad of Knights Collection, which launches with 8,888 programmatically generated NFTs is designed to help members nurture relationships in music, design, and the creative arts.
NFT-holders can access custom “members only wallets” where they can unlock challenges, redeem Tokens for prizes and experiences, form communities, attend IRL invite-only events, book IRL studio time and more. The collection will be hosted on Spatial’s metaverse, allowing communities to come together to share NFTs and experiences in virtual spaces.
How Squad of Knights works
“Finding people to work with is tough. Finding the RIGHT people to work with is even tougher. In the age of social media, it’s still extremely difficult to connect and share creative energies with other people. The Squad Of Knights NFT Project is a long-term journey to solve this problem and put the focus back on real human-to-human connectivity, bringing together amazing industry partners from the music and technology community,” said Ramon “Illmind” Ibanga Jr. “Through our innovative NFT Utility partnership with Moonwalk, and our Metaverse partner Spatial, Squad of Knights is using NFT’s and Web3 to connect like-minded aspiring and experienced producers, engineers, music artists, managers, and graphic designers together, both in the real world and in the metaverse.”
“Squad of Knights is using NFT’s and Web3 utility wallets to power engagement and creative collaboration, and a great showcase of how Moonwalk’s web3 platform can be used by brands and creatives to connect NFT’s, rewards, and utility,” adds Moonwalk Co-Founder, Greg Consiglio.
“Spatial provides a virtual home for these creators to share 2D and 3D content with their communities, enabling engagement on a deeper level, ” said Jacob Loewenstein, Head of Growth, Spatial. “Creators like Illmind are driving the internet of tomorrow and we’re humbled to be giving them a free and open platform to express themselves in more meaningful ways.”
Squad of Knights NFT Holder Benefits
● Gain access to thousands of music creators & visual artists waiting to collaborate ● Gain entry to all Squad Of Knights events in real life and in the metaverse (24/7 access)
● Receive exclusive airdrops
● Participate in additional $KNGHT Token games, challenges and functionality
● Participate in the CLASH battle experience in real life and in the metaverse
● Choose a “ROLE” and become part of a 6-person (or more) SQUAD to collaborate on music together
● Enter any and all challenges to earn $KNGHT Tokens
● Maintain 100% ownership of all music created
● Gain access to sound pack tools from the community “808 Chest”
● Gain access to collectibles, merch, accessories and experiences in real life + the metaverse ● Join Q&A’s with industry professionals
● Book studio time at various locations to create music with squad members
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.