Spotify Editors share top Summer Music Trends 2022
As Summer 2022 comes to an end, Spotify offers a look back at the trends that shaped the season’s music, many of which are also likely to reverberate through the rest of the year.
Some of Spotifys’ Summer of 2022 top music trends were:
- playing with speed: slowed and reverbed songs as well as sped-up songs across many genres
- country music crossed into other genres and charts
- dance pop is now influencing more pop music
- Nigerian music is having a global moment
- Latin Music;’s Summer 2022 trends include the rise of the Dominican genre Dembo and new sounds that combine EDM, Hip Hop, and electronica
- The Stranger Things eEffect (Kate Bush)
- the return of House Music
- Harry Styles, Band Bunny ruled
Check out the Summer 2022 trends that Spotify editors across Pop, Dance, Indie, and U.S. Latin highlighted.