The actions continues in Cannes at the world's largest music industry gathering.
"For ISPs in general, the days of prevaricating over their responsibilities for helping protect music must end" - Paul McGuiness, manager of U2 @ Midem
- U2's manager called for technology companies from Dell and Oracle to ISP's to start "sharing their enormous revenue" with singers and songwriters. (IHT)
- Qtrax's botched launch was the talk of the confab. We've got the latest updates here.
- UK's 7Digital has grabbed almost $9M in funding to take its digital download service into the US and other parts of Europe. Mobile and lossless downloads are in the future as well (cNet UK)
- More guesses on the average price Radiohead got during its pay what you want experiment. (PaidContent)
- YouTube's co-founder Chad Hurley calls in the EU to make licencing easier. “I think the EU has (taken some steps) but, if anything, it’s actually made things worse." (PaidContent)
- Here's yesterday's news from Midem and MidemNet.