EMI Reshuffles Digital Executive Deck
Recently appointed EVP of Digital Marketing at EMI, Cory Ondrejka has put together his own team of digital marketing executives from within the label group, as well as, from Google, Tesco and BSkyB. His appointments include:
- Syd Schwartz, who formerly oversaw digital strategy for EMI Music in North America, has expanded his role to a global one with his promotion to senior vice president, digital marketing.
- David Boyle has been appointed to vice president, consumer insight and validation. Boyle has worked on behalf of consumer brands like Tesco as well as in politics, including for Catalist, a firm which worked on the successful Presidential campaign of Barack Obama.
- Eric Case, formerly with Google, joins EMI as vice president, marketing platforms. At EMI, he is applying the technology and development background he developed at Google division Blogger.com to maximize EMI’s effective use of its digital assets and platforms.
- Charlotte Robertson has been appointed vice president of consumer reach. She was most recently head of marketing for British Sky Broadcasting’s Online Business Unit.
EMI Music’s regional digital marketing heads include:
- Dan Duncombe, who has been promoted to vice president digital marketing for EMI Music in the UK & Ireland. Backed by a team of 12 digital marketers, he reports directly to Bart Cools, executive vice president of marketing, Europe and will work closely with Syd Schwartz.
- Achim Fettig has been appointed senior vice president digital marketing, Continental Europe. Fettig, who has had a variety of technology, CRM and change management positions at EMI in Germany, reports directly to Bart Cools and works closely with Syd Schwartz.
- Bob Heinemann has been promoted to vice president, interactive marketing in North America. His experience spans two decades in digital entertainment, having worked at both Capitol and Atlantic records, as well as with Vibe, SonicNet and Reel.com.
- Geoff Smith is appointed as digital director for the company’s Catalog unit, reporting into Steve Pritchard and Pete Duckworth, senior vice presidents for commercial marketing and catalogue and working closely with Ondrejka.