AM News Brief: Epitonic’s Back, Grooveshark Deals, Lime Wire Settles, Topspin, SoundCloud & More
- Epitonic is relaunching today after some time offline with the help of a successful Kickstarter campaign. A new emphasis on curated and freely streamed or downloaded playlists, comes 12 years after its original debut.
- It's hardly a major label but Grooveshark has cut deals with indie labels Merge and Ultra.
- Lime Wire settles with some music publishers, but still has more court action ahead. (Media Memo)
- Topspin is holding it's own mini-conference March 16-18 during SXSW. Included are intensive training in its direct to fan platform, case studies and more. RSVP if you want to attend and also they'll stream the action live.
- ThingLink has partnered with SoundCloud to enable the easy mashup of images and sound.
- MOG in a streaming music deals with LG. (SF Biz) Sonos will add MOG to it's all house system this spring.
- Rhapsody pacts with Opscode to automate its data center infrastructure.
- Music app Like.fm is like a "shareable iTunes in the cloud". (Mashable)
- Nokia expects X1-00 Music Phone will sell for under €35 (PC)