Twitter has acquired TweetDeck, a popular app that many musicians and marketers use to manage their social presence, for more than $40 million in a mix of cash and stock. (CNN)
- Little divides Apple, music publishers on cloud deal. (CNet)
- TransWorld financials: Music sales down 4%, but it would have ben worse without strong catalog sales. "The music category represented 37% of our business for the quarter, compared to 36% last year." (SEC filing)
- MOG's music streaming service is now available on the Sonos home music system at a superior 320kbps. Both companies are offering special deals to promote the launch.
- Will EMI's move to reclaim digital licensing rights simplify the process? The music group's decision to negotiate digital licensing rights in-house could create a more unequal playing field for independent songwriters. (Guardian)
- Judge: don't bring me any more anonymous file-sharing lawsuits. (ars)
- More Sony sites hacked: Yesterday Sony said its sites in 3 countries - Greece, Thailand and Indonesia had been hacked in a blow to efforts to restore confidence after a huge data breach affecting millions. (AFP)
- Spotify has updated its iOS app. Version 0.4.13 includes a number of new features including swipe action. (Spotify)
- MobBase has partnered with Guitar Center to create iPhone/Android apps for Guitar Center employees through their GAIN Program.
- Twitter added a new service that can send an email notification that lets you know if someone you follow retweets or favorites one of your Tweets.