Simfy, often called Germany's answer to Spotify, has filed a complaint with local regulators against Apple saying it is abusing its market dominance by delaying the expansion of the Simfy service to the iPad. (CMU) Simfy's fight has broader implications for other streaming music services trying to gain a toehold inside Apple's ecosystem.
- Facebook has changed privacy settings to enable facial recognition. (NY Times) And they made it the default setting...
- Apple's new iCloud and its competitors could lead to copyright trolling lawsuits. (paidContent)
- HMV announces "eye-watering" refinancing deal. UK retailer gets cash-injection, but at a high price. (NME)
- Bonnaroo has an official theme song by Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the Del McCoury Band. (YouTube)
- Berklee Online chief and Future Of Music co-author Dave Kusek writes: iCloud:Amnesty for Music Pirates? "Well, we finally have it.Music like water raining down from the sky."
- In NYC? Don't miss the awards show tonight to honor music tech innovators put together by SoundCtrl during Internet Week at the GramercyTheatre.
- Navarre announced that Eric Paulson, Chairman of the Board, will retire after 30 years with the company.
- Twitter has automated link shortening for its web app. (Mashable)
- Clear Channel is bringing 5 of its top station to XM and iheartRadio including LA's KIIS-FM, NYC's Z100 and WLTW Lite FM, Nashville's WSIX and Chicago urban outet WGCI.