- Google has launched Music Magnifier, a blog offering free music for sideload into your Googe Music account. This may be the slowest roll-out in history...
- TPG Capital who own a 30 stake in CAA, are reportedly the newest bider for EMI. (AllAccess)
- Griff Morris joins X5 Music from Amazon as head of content deals and artist relations. The move reunites ex-Amazon Music staffers Scott Ambrose Reilly (aka Bullethead) who is CEO and Joy O'Shell, who heads operations.
- Kyle Bylin scores again with his essay "Why Music Apps Fail" (Billboard.biz)
- The Beatles Donât Want You to Steal Music. But They Still Wonât Sell It Anywhere but iTunes. (MediaMemo)