Blink 182 Presale: Great New Twist On An Old Idea
This guest post comes from Michael Brandvold (@michaelsb), a 20 year music & online marketing veteran. His Michael Brandvold Marketing provides consulting services to musicians.
Save those broken drum sticks and used guitar picks!
Blink 182 is taking the idea of a presale and giving it a different twist. The presale offer for Blink 182′s new album Neighborhoods gives everyone the same chance at getting something pretty cool. Almost looks like a garage sale, lol. Seriously, for a fan this is some cool stuff. Maybe it’s time for you to clean out your closet and rehearsal room and use some of the stuff as incentives for a future presale. Remember you trash is somebody else’s treasure. From their website:
The blink-182 Neighborhoods Pre-Sale is unlike any other. Instead of having a ton of different bundle options at a bunch of different prices we have leveled the playing field so that even someone that has enough money to just buy a CD and T-Shirt for $19.99 has just as much of a chance to get something signed or personal from the band as anyone else. Each bundle that is purchased will come with a surprise Gift With Purchase.
What you get is what you get.
JUST A FEW OF THE ITEMS THAT YOU MIGHT GET IN YOUR BOX.
- LIFE TIME TICKETS TO ANY BLINK-182 HEADLINE SHOW. TWO TICKETS TO EACH SHOW ONLY. NON TRANSFERBLE
- SIGNED MARK HOPPUS BASS
- MARK HOPPUS OCTOPUS SHIRT
- MARK HOPPUS OCTOPUS CREWNECK SWEATSHIRT
- SIGNED TRAVIS BARKER BROKEN CYMBAL
- SIGNED TOM DELONGE GUITAR.
- TOM DELONGE’S SIGNED STINKY MACBETH SHOES WORN ON STAGE.
- USED DRUM STICKS
- USED GUITAR PICKS
- SIGNED AND NUMBERED CD BOOKLET COVER (182 AVAILABLE)
- NUMBERED SCREEN PRINTED POSTER OF THE NEIGHBORHOODS COVER. (182 AVAILABLE)
- SIGNED 1.5 FT WHITE BLINK-182 BUNNY
- HAND PAINTED 1.5FT BUNNY BY MUNK ONE
- HAND PAINTED 1.5FT BUNNY BY JORDAN BUCKLEY
- 2009 TOUR 3 INCH BUNNY
- SERIES #2 GLOW IN THE DARK BUNNY
- ADDITIONAL T-SHIRT
- ADDITIONAL SWEATSHIRT
- STICKERS AND KEYCHAINS.
- OLD TOUR LAMINATES
- SETLIST USED ON THE 2011 HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- LEFT OVER GRANOLA BARS FROM THE BANDS DRESSING ROOM.
via BOMPA: Blink 182 Presale | Welcome to BOMPA.
Cool find Michael!
It feels a little like Woot’s “Bag of Crap”. For those unfamiliar with this, deal a day website Woot sells 3 bags for $1 a piece. Woot just puts random stuff from their warehouse into boxes and ships them. This garners millions of requests each time a Bag of Crap is featured.
Blink 182 ups this concept by providing the guaranteed items, plus the excitement of the chance to win something cool.
The band and their team have really been up to some cool things with this and the music video that features their fans ( link to that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabtzkY_jNs ).
Congrats, Bruce. You’ve found a guest poster with grammar as poor as your own.
Not sure how anyone takes his services seriously with typos all over his website. Oof.
Comments are closed.