Music streamer Deezer is taking on Spotify with a global expansion into 200 countries. (Digital Spy) But they are skipping the U.S. ...and we all know why.
- VEVO Will Expand Beyond Music Videos (Business Insider) Just like MTV did 20 years ago.
- SoundExchange has named Scott Day as chief technology officer (CTO). Most recently, he served as CTO at financial services company The Motley Fool.
- Hip Hop super agent Cara Lewis reportedly leaving William Morris Endeavor over a contract dispute. (Deadline) Check out her client list: Kanye West, Eminem, B.o.B, Big Boi, Common, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, Soulja Boy, the Roots and Tinie Tempah.
- NARM's digitalmusic.org adds it first nine affiliates: American Association of Independent Music (A2IM), American Foundation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA), Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI), Harry Fox Agency (HFA), ng Connect Program, Recording Academy, RIAA, SESAC and SoundExchange.
- Facebook to Launch Subscribe Button for Websites (Mashable)
- SoundTracking’s New Android App Has Spotify And Rdio Integration .So Yes, You Can Listen To Full Songs (TechCrunch)
- Despite Economic Slump, Europe Gets More Tech Start-Ups (Bits NYT)