Unofficial estimates put MIDEM attendance up 12% to 6,900 - 1st gain in 5 years. Find our full Midem coverage here.
- Coke‘s Head Of Global Entertainment And Sports Marketing, Emmanuel Seuge hinted at a likely Spotify deal: “We’re very intrigued by the business model of Spotify – and very interested in a strategic partnership with them”.
- A2IM reports a record 150 U.S. indie music companies at their American Independents Pavilion, in its seventh year.
- The Orchard Celebrates Its 15th Year With Expanded EU Staff & New Signings
- CueSongs, co-founded by Peter Gabriel and Ed Averdieck, announced an invite-only beta launch of their one-stop music licensing hub for online and digital media usage.
- Getty Images launched GUESTLIST a curated licencing destination. Joss Stone is among the first to sign on.
- LyricFind has signed what they say is the world’s first global lyrics deals with all four major publishers.
- Spinlet debuted digital distribution technology for African Markets.
- Webdoc announced deals with SoundCloud, Songkick & Topspin.
- Tribe of Noise has launched a PRO version of its online music platform.
- UK chart topper Robbie Williams has added his catalog to EMI's OpenEMI app developer toolbox partnership with The Echo Nest.