First numbers: How successful are Spotifyâs apps? (GigaOm) Answer: They're off to a strong start.
- EMI Records launches action against Ireland over anti-piracy order. (IrishTimes)
- Sony Music Unlimited coming soon to iOS. (CNet) If you can't beat ''em, join 'em.
- Dutch court orders block on Pirate Bay website. (Reuters)
- Why Rhapsody Is (Probably) Bigger Than Spotify â In the U.S. (AllThingsD)
- What Is Going On With Sean Parker's New Startup Airtime? (Business Insider) Most say its video chat which could ba great tool for artists.
- Without radio play or a major promotional push, Jason Mraz entered the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 8 with "I Won't Give Up," courtesy of a No. 1 debut on the Digital Songs chart and 229,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- The Echo Nest Adds Twitter to Its Music Toolkit. (DMW)
- DJ Shadow's music business survival guide. (GQ)
- Spotify + Pandora = SpotOn Radio (O)
- EMI Music and Stingray Digital Announce Global Content Agreement