(UPDATE 2) Filesharing site Megaupload was taken down Thursday by the U.S. Department Of Justice and FBI with key execs arrested. Hackers Anonymous retaliated shutting down the sites of the RIAA, MPAA, DOJ, UMG and WMG. Warner Music's site remained down early on Saturday morning. UPDATE: UMG parent Vivendi was forced offline last night, but it and WMG were up as of 10:50AM ET Saturday.
- The fight against SOPA/PIPA appears to have delayed the bill indefinitely; even as Trent Reznor, OK Go, MGMT, Zoe Keating, Neil Gaiman and others join the fight and Robin Davey asks, "What Did Black Out Protesting SOPA Just Achieve?
- Join Debate On Withholding Music From Spotify: The Case For & Against.
- An In-Depth Case Study on the Pretty Lights + BitTorrent Partnership.
- SoundExchange Payments To Musicians, Rightsholders Up 17% Last Year
- Robin Davey: Why Rap Rules And Rock Is In A Rutt
- A roundup of The Week In Music Publishing.
- Artist Growth Launches Musician Career Management Platform With Mobile Tools
- Pirate Bay Launches Free Artists Promotional Page - The Promo Bay
- The State Of Online Music [Stats & Analysis]
- Brenden Mulligan: Who LiveNation Should Acquire Next
- Social Media Success For Musicians - A 2012 Roadmap
- Simplebooklet.com Powers Independent Distribution Collective Digital Marketing.
- StereoGrid Offers Free Hybrid Solution For Online Music Promotion
- Walk Off The Earth Finds Success With Unique Cover Song Videos
- Kickstarter Raised $20 Million For Musicians In 2011
- Music Biz Blogs Relaunches