- MOG is in the final stages of being sold to Beats Audio, report Business Insider and Giga OM. Mobile device maker HTC bought a 51% stake in Beats last year and has been shopping for a music service. The three could be an effective combination
- Apple says it has sold 3 million of its new iPads since they went on sale last Friday. Most music services and music marketers still fail to make good use of the device's potential.
- comScore stats suggest Vevo has been losing viewers in the US. (Music Ally) Yahoo! video hits #1 again.
- The Big Rumor At SXSW Music: Apple Is Launching A Spotify-Like Service (SF Gate)
- Universal Music launches division to create brand anthems, corporate jingles. (Brand Media)
- The next MUSIC techpitch 4.5 created in partnership with EMI Music is taking place next Tuesday 27 March at EMI's Kensington headquarters kicking off at 6.30pm.