- Graphic Problems: Sorry if the look of today's post is a bit off. Our provider Typepad is having some graphic editor issues.
- Songza is releasing a new iOS app today, featuring their impressive (and fun) new Music Concierge feature. Earlier this week Songza won an Appy Award in the music category for their Kindle Fire Edition app.
- Credit Suisse‘started tracking Pandora with a Neutral or Hold rating and a $12 price target, saying the company’s "revenue should see strong growth, thanks to increasing usage of its service and improving monetization, but that content costs will weigh on profits". (Bloomberg)
- At SXSW music festival, money talk abounds - Traditional questions about musical artistry give way to discussions about how to monetize the music. (LA Times)
- How Lionel Richie Sold Nearly 20,000 Albums in an Hour on Home Shopping Network (Billboard)
- The A2IM Music Libera Awards (”The Libbies”) has brought aboard eMusic as a partner for the “Up & Comer Artist” category, which will "celebrate the next great U.S. independent artist(s)".
- How Sony Got Off Easy With Its 'Settlement' In Class Action Lawsuit By Underpaid Artists (techdirt)