Apple will release iTunes 11 alongside iOS 6 and an App Store revamp ARE coming soon. Rumor have Apple "currently focused on under-the-hood changes, rather than cosmetic changes... the final product will likely include some new user-interface elements and more visible features". (CultOfMac)
- Madonna records biggest second-week sales drop in US chart history. (Guardian) Ploy to package MDNA album with concert tickets artificially boosted first-week sales says Forbes.
- Rough Trade is opening a branch its iconic London music stores Williamsburg, NY this fall. Bowery Presents will program a live performance area for in-stores.
- Spotify adds a play button that can be added to any web site or blog. (paidContent, Mark Mulligan)
- Amazon Now Lets You Trade In Your Old CDs In Exchange For Gift Cards (techCrunch)
- Groupon’s G-Pass Lets You Jump the Line for Events. (Mashable)
- B.B. King Sued Over Efforts To Stop Biographical Movie (THR)
- Yahoo Entertainment Properties (including Yahoo! Music) Hit Hard In Big Layoff-Reorganization? (TechCrunch)
- Hey @Pinterest, Turn Up the Music! (Likeable)