Spotify has sent out invites for a big "special announcement" this Wed. 4.18 in NYC. Based on off the record chatter, IT appears tied to opening their Spotify Apps platform to brands, with AT&T first up followed by McDonald's, Intel and Reebok in coming weeks.
- Jack White to Kick off 'American Express Unstaged' Concert Series (THR) The musician's performance will be directed by Gary Oldman, and live-streamed April 27 from New York City's Webster Hall.
- How Digital Music Innovation Will Suffer if Universal Acquires EMI (TNW)
- Survey suggests that 38% of kids on Facebook are under 13. (CNet)
- Beggars Music Group's Martin Mills is intensifying his efforts to stop the EMI Universal deal. (CMU)
- Facebook ad engagement down 8% in U.S. (Mashable)
- Music Industry Creates New Royalty Rates... But Did They Do So For Systems That Don't Require Royalties? (techdirt)