Vivendi is denying reports that it may spin-off Universal Music and Activsion. The company says it "learned with stupefaction of the claims made by Bloomberg in a story published tonight about its strategy... (they) are unfounded and based on anonymous sources."
- Longstanding Roadrunner Records appears to be on the way to extinction with Warner Music gutting the label including founder and CEO Cees Wessels along with about 36 staffers.
- U.S. Groups Seek Senate Review of Universal-EMI Deal. (NYT)
- SoundExchange has named Marie Knowles as VP of Communications.
- Growing NYC music tech group SoundCntrl is continuing its FlashFWD Award series and panels during May's Internet Week. More info and nominations are open here.
- Kristin Hersh of Throwing Muses and Billy O’Connell of CASHMusic Discuss Fan Funding & DIY On Music Biz Weekly Podcast (Listen)
- Top Musical Acts on Pinetrest. (MTV Hive)
- StumbleUpon Hits 25 Million Users - And is Gaining 1 Million a Month. (Mashable)
- eMusic Selects, which serves as a launch pad for new artists is expanding through new partnerships with RocketHub's crowdfunding platform and Death and Taxes magazine. The Iranian post-punk band The Yellow Dogs are the 25th artist to join the eMusic Selects roster.
- R.I.P. Pete Fornatale - legendary DJ at WFUV-FM and WNEW-FM. He was 66.