(UPDATED) Spotify has launched its much anticipated iPad app. The free app requires a Spotify Premium subscription, but non-subscribers can sign up to a 30-day free trial. The app includes a new full-screen view and full AirPlay integration. More features:
- Retina graphics for iPad
- Even easier to browse Spotify’s 18 million song catalogue
- New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-definition cover art
- Search for playlists, users and music - all from the same view
- Discover your friends' trending playlists and songs
- Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
- Gapless playback and crossfade
No Apps On The iPad
At first look, the Spotify app for iPad appears to be an enhanced version of its iPhone app, which had previously received mixed user reviews. And Spotify's much promoted apps are not available on the iPad, which will disappoint many users.
But the app does cover all the basics, and the potential to enhance the user experience provided by the iPad's large screen bodes well for future version that I hope will include apps. It's available in the Preview section of the App Store now.
Here's a video of up and coming UK artist Labrinth trying out the new Spotify iPad app: