Dhingana, a legal Indian music streaming service, recently surpassed 10.5 million monthly active visitors, becoming the largest legal Indian music streaming service. It is a social music streaming service that allows users to discover and enjoy Bollywood and Indian music, and is accessed by users across 220+ countries / territories every month. Dhingana is also said to have a collection of over 350,000 songs across 35 different genres available legally and for free.
The stats and figures:
- Dhingana receives over 4.5 million monthly active visitors from its mobile apps
- Dhingana adds over 200,000 new users per month.
- Dhingana mobile apps are downloaded close to 10,000 times each day.
- Almost 100 Million minutes of music served every month
- Over 60% web traffic from India
- Of total Android traffic, Dhingana receives 68% traffic from India
- Of total Nokia traffic, Dhingana receives 98% traffic from India
- Of total BlackBerry traffic, Dhingana receives 50% traffic from India
- Of total iPhone traffic, Dhingana receives 30% traffic from India
"We are excited to announce our usage statistics, which show that we are the largest player in the Indian music streaming industry today,“ said Snehal Shinde, CEO and Co-founder of Dhingana. “We believe this is the result of our strong focus on mobile devices, as well as continuous efforts towards providing the best and largest collection of music in the Indian music space spanning across 300+ labels like T-Series, Saregama, Tips, Venus, Aditya and many others.”
Dhingana also released statistics regarding their user base, as well as a recent tie-up with Facebook:
- Facebook users listen two times longer than other users on the web, and the average daily user listens for 15 mins.
- Over three-quarters of Dhingana's listeners are between the ages of 18-35, and over 68% are male.
- Dhingana's top musical genre is Hindi, followed by Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu and Tamil.
"We are growing at a phenomenal pace and adding close to 200,000 users every month,” said Swapnil Shinde, Co-Founder & COO. Also, our partnership with Facebook is showing great results with Facebook users listening to music twice as long than web. We have always believed that social music discovery is the way forward for Indian music and the results confirm that our listeners are consuming more music when they listen to it together with friends on Facebook."
Dhingana originally launched as a streaming music service for the web in 2007, but has since offered apps for every major mobile device, including Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Nokia smartphones.