The annual midem conference, taking place in Cannes in January, is holding a marketing competition for most innovative use of music in a campaign and best music placement in advertising. Agencies have until November 11 to submit work run in 2011 or 2012. Music must be featured as a "key element to reach & engage with audiences."
First Category: Most innovative use of music/partnership with artist in a marketing campaign
Second Category: Best music placement in advertising
All 20 will pitch their work to a jury at midem and receive the following benefits:
- Finalists to benefit from a free registration to midem 2013
- Finalists to receive visibility midem communication tools (newsletters, midem’s websites and blog, press releases)
- Finalists to pitch their campaigns in front of a panel of judges, all actively involved in furthering the relationship between music and brands, and in front of midem audience
- Finalists to be invited to the Music & Brands Lunch
- The winners to benefit from additional exposure
The pitch competition will be held in Brand Central, a new "dedicated zone" described in a midem announcement as:
"The place to learn all about the music and brands relationship. It offers a tailor-made learning programme run by industry experts to better understand the synergy between music and brands. Events will include presentations of successful music and brands case studies, music pitch sessions, workshops and training sessions on how to work with brands, and how to get music licensed and synched."
Apply Now: 2013 midem Marketing Competition
Hypebot Senior Contributor Clyde Smith (@fluxresearch) blogs about music crowdfunding at Crowdfunding For Musicians (@CrowdfundingM). To suggest topics for Hypebot, contact: clyde(at)fluxresearch(dot)com.