A slew of major recording artists and songwriters have co-signed a letter opposing any revision of royalty rates paid by Pandora. Signees include Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Rihanna, and many more.
- Spotify has closed another big round of funding with $100 million coming from the likes of Goldman Sachs and Coca-Cola. The digital music service is now valued at $3 billion.
- Warner Music Group is believed to have joined the fray to buy Sony/ATV's Rosetta Publishing catalog.
- Sony/ATV's EVP of International, Guy Henderson, discusses the company's move into India and the need for copyright reform in the world's 2nd most populous nation.
- Mark Fried, the founder of Spirit Music, has joined the NMPA Board of Directors.
- A new digital print service - Sheet Music Plus - is trying revolutionize sheet music publishing with tools for composers to publish and sell online.
Courtesy of Songtrust - Royalty collection services for music professionals.