Want to add a little life to your holiday party? Invite a musIcian! Seriously, who appreciates free alcohol, food and a good part more ?. Here are my 10 picks and why.
1. Leonard Cohen - For intelligent cocktail conversation
2. Ozzy Osbourne - Is it really a party without Ozzy?
3. Ziggy Marley - Somebody has to bring the....
4. Ray Lamontagne - I just want to try to make this guy smile
5. Dr. John - Add some NOLA spice to the party gumbo
7. Prince - To get the dancing started
8. Ringo Star - Every rock party should have a Beatle and Ringo seems like a lot more fun than Paul
9. Robert Plant - Just so I can find out if Zep is really gonna tour or not
10. Polyphonic Spree - Are these guys still together? There were like 30 people in this band so at least it'll make the room look full.
HONORABLE MENTIONS (as in I wish they were still around to invite...): Janis Joplin, Rick Danko of The Band and Solomon Burke (I knew their gentle souls and I miss them), and John Lennon.
TELL US WHAT MUSICIANS YOU WOULD INVITE TO YOUR HOLIDAY PARTY AND WHY.