NEWS BRIEF: Twitter Tests 'Live Nearby', FB Takes On PayPal, Steinway Sold, CafePress, Tunaspot & More
The Challenges Facing Musicians In 2013 - Free Research Report

Live Music and Video Sales App Lively Closes $500,000 Seed Round

image from www.hypebot.comLively, a Seattle-based startup that has built a platform for artists to record and sell high-quality audio and video recordings of live performances, announced today it has raised $500,000 in seed funding. Backers include Seattle-area investors Mike Slade, Nick Hanauer and Pete Higgins of Second Avenue Partners as well as president and COO of the performing rights organization SESAC, Pat Collins. 


Designed to be used with the Apogee Duet audio interface, Lively’s Audio Manager provides the software and online purchase and download tools required for an artist to capture and sell quality audio (and with other gear, video) of their shows. image from www.hypebot.com

The Apple and Android app stores take about 30% and Lively splits the remaining revenue 70% artist and 30% to the company.  Lively also provides
 analytics

Concert-goers download the free Lively app onto their Android and iOS devices which allows them to purchase the performance immediately after the concert for $4.99 for audio or $9.99 for both audio and video.

“Lively is about helping artists connect with fans in a whole new way,” said founder and CEO Dean Graziano. “Attending a concert is a one-of-a-kind experience. We want to let fans take the memories of live shows home with them, and provide a way for new fans to experience shows they haven’t yet attended. The fact that we have such strong financial backing shows the momentum behind this idea, and we can’t wait to bring more artists and fans on board.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments