Gracenote and Pandora are teaming up to host the first ever music hackathon in Oakland, CA. “Hella Hack Oakland” will bring together up to 150 coders, developers and designers on September 28-29, 2013 at Pandora’s Oakland HQ. Finalists will present to a panel of all-star judges during SF Music Tech on October 1.
Musc tech and API partners include rdio, Dolby, The Echo Nest, Mashape, Oaklandish and KALX Radio Berkeley, with more being added. Hypebot is the official media sponsor for this event.
Often overshadowed by San Franciso's more famous music and tech scenes, Oakland has a rich music histor of its own, Green Day, MC Hammer, Too Short and Dave Brubeck all got there start there in iconic venues like Yoshi’s, The Paramount and 942 Gilman The East Bay is also building a reputation as a strong area for startups.
Hella Hack Oakland details:
- When: September 28-29, 2013 (doors will open on September 28 at 9am PT)
- Where: Pandora Headquarters Office, 2101 Webster Street, Oakland, California
- How: Participating in
the hackathon is free. To register for the event, visit http://oakland.hellahack.com
- Three finalist teams will be chosen to present in a special session at the SF Music Tech Summit on October 1.
- The winning Hella Hack Oakland team will be crowned by the judges and given the grand prize of $1000
- Beginning September 28, hackers will have 24 hours to design and build the next generation of music applications
- On September 29, teams will present their hacks to a panel of judges and event partners will award prizes for best hacks using their APIs
Interested sponsors should contact Danielle Washington at [email protected].