Spotify Expands Free Service To Mobile with New Features, Nabs Led Zeppelin Exclusive
The rumor mill got it right this time. Spotify has expanded its free music service to mobile devices in all countries. In an innovation that I've not seen on other music streamers, when free users chose an artist station, Spotify shuffles through tracks by that artist only without adding 'related' music. CEO Daniel Ek also announced launches in 20 more countries, and the exclusive addition of the Led Zeppelin catalog to the music streamer.
More from today's announcement:
- Spotify has 1.5 billion playlists
- 1.5 million playlists are generated on Spotify daily
- the free service now includes access to shuffle play of all playlists
- 300 million Spoitfy follows
- the addition of 20 countries brings Spoitfy's total 55.
Spotufy "blew passed $1 billion in payments quite awhile ago," says Ek
- 70% of revenue to rightsholders
20% conversion rate to from free to Spotify premium
Spotify Connect is shipping on audio products by Phillips, Bang and Olsen and others
they've added more Songza-like mood and activity based playlists
What Does This New Age Mean For Indie Artists? Listen Below.