New music subscription service Beats Music says that when it launches on January 21st, it will revolutionize the listening experience through expert curation. And while it's inevitable that Beats Music founders Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre, Luke Wood, Trent Reznor and Ian Rogers will have a hand in fine tuning what Beats users hear, they've also hired an experienced 30 person team. Led by radio programming vet Julie Pilat, the Beats Music genre lead curation team includes:
• Former Pitchfork Media editor-in-chief Scott Plagenhoef
• Former digital content director at XXL Carl Chery
• Veteran Detroit radio music director Suzy Cole
• Recording Academy music blogger Arjan Writes
• Former Rhino Records A&R Director Mason Williams
• Los Angeles hip-hop radio personality Fuzzy Fantabulous
• Country music writer Ken Tucker
• Former Programmer of L.A.’s hugely successful Latino 96.3, Jerry Pullés
Beats Music also features a comprehensive collection of editorialized playlists from global music brands including Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, DJ Mag, Country Weekly, Hot97/Power 106 and others.
“Beats Music combines the emotion only a human created playlist can give you with the best personalization technology can deliver, ” said Ian Rogers, Beats Music CEO. “With this you get not just the music experience only a talented DJ or music expert can deliver, but also the right one for you right now."