Shazam Turns Grammys Into Green Driving 54,000 Music Purchases
Music and sound recognition app Shazam had it biggest night ever during Sunday night's Grammy Awards telecast. The company notifies its 10 million app users to tune in for exclusive content. They then Shazamed the show more than 1 million times, with 54,000 purchasing music by artists featured on the program.
Top 5 most purchased tracks:
- John Legend – All of Me
- Kacey Musgraves – Follow Your Arrow
- Taylor Swift – All Too Well
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Hunter Hayes – Invisible
Not Beyonce' Jay Z, but rather Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons saw the biggest spikes in Shazam activity, according to the company. The top five Shazamed moments from the Grammys were:
- Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons
- John Legend
- Kacey Musgraves
- Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails
- Hunter Hayes
– More than 85 million monthly active users.
– Drove more than $300 million in the sale of digital goods in the last 12 months.
– Shazam is available in 33 languages
– More than 15 million new fans added every month
– More than 15 million tracks are tagged, on average, each day.
– Surpassed 12 billion tags
– More than 35 million tracks are currently in the Shazam database.