Rhapsody Paid Subscribers Jump 63% To 1.7 Million
In October, Rhapsody signed with international telecom giant Telefonica that netted hundreds of thousands of Latin American subscribers. Telefonica took an undisclosed stake in Rhapsody which analysts believe could grow Rhapsody paid subscribers further.
Spotify leads the paid music streaming subscriber race with 6 million.
Key Rhapsody stats:
- Germany, France and Brazil are the fastest growing markets, but the U.S. remains the largest
- Globally, subscribers listen to music on average of 10 hour per week
- In the U.S., Rhapsody subscribers are listening to nearly 35 hours per month
- A global catalog size of 32 million tracks with 30,000 songs being added daily
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams is the most popular song globally with the most popular global artist being Eminem