1. Done is not really done: While the deal might be "done", as public traded company it is subject to regulatory approvals. Apple expects the transaction to close in fiscal Q4, but we've occasionally seen things go astray.
2. Dr. Dre is still at the big boys table, but just barely: While his name was mentioned and his photo taken, not one of the official announcements quoted Dre and he was absent from key post-announcement interviews.
3. What Jimmy Iovine really thinks of Hollywood and Silicon Valley: "“Hollywood people are desperately insecure and the guys in Silicon Valley seem to be slightly overconfident,” Jimmy Iovine said, speaking at the Code Conference.
4. Real Beats stats: Beats Music has 250,000 paying subscribers 4 months after launch, Iovine said in the same interview.
5. Jobs but no titles: According to The Wall Street Journal, Iovine and Dr. Dre's titles at Apple will simply be "Jimmy and Dre". Is this a good thing or was Tim Cook unwilling to sign off on Godz of Music?
6. Android and Windows Apps Stay: Apple exec Eddie Cue says they plan to keep the Beats Music streaming music service app available on Android and Windows phones.