QUICK HITS: Holder Exits BMI For Sony/ATV • Warner Music • Pasquale Rotella • Much More
Music Business News For The Time Deprived
Sony/ATV Music Publishing has appointed Ian Holder as Vice President, Creative based in New York. He joins after 10 years at BMI where he was Director of Writer/Publisher Relations.
• Magnus Ribbeklint has been named Vice President, Marketing, Warner Music Nordics, a role that he will hold in addition to his existing position as General Manager of Warner Music Sweden.
• Warner Music Korea and local independent hip-hop label Brand New Music (BNM) today announced a strategic partnership. With this new deal, WMG will enhance its presence in the world’s eighth largest recorded music market with the addition of BNM’s artist roster and A&R expertise. At the same time, BNM will have access to greater global marketing resources for its artists through WMG’s network of international affiliates.
• Pasquale Rotella, Founder & CEO of Insomniac Events and the mastermind behind Electric Daisy Carnival is partnering with IRRUPT, a premium sound company specializing in original music bundle packs, used by producers to create new tracks.
• John “Sib” Hashian, a former drummer for rock band Boston, died aboard a concert cruise on Wednesday. He was 67. Hashian was listed as one of the featured performers for the Legends of Rock Cruise, which departed Miami on Sunday with an itinerary that included Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
• Live Nation has announced the lineup for the 2017 return of their popular Lollapalooza festival with Chance The Rapper, The Killers, Muse, Arcade Fire, The xx, Lorde, blink-182, DJ Snake, and Justice leading the bill. The 4-day fest, which will feature more than 170 bands, will take place at its traditional home in Chicago's Grant Park from August 3rd to August 6th.
Other artists announced for the lineup include alt-J, Cage The Elephant, The Head and The Heart, Ryan Adams, Liam Gallagher, Phantogram, Spoon, Rag’n’Bone Man, Maggie Mae, 6lack, Sampha. Hip-hop performers on the 2017 lineup include Wiz Khalifa, Run the Jewels, Big Sean, Rae Sremmurd, Migos, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, 21 Savage, Joey Bada$$, Noname, Russ, Machine Gun Kelly and Amine.
Partial Source: Celebrity Access