UPDATED: 11 Million viewers tuned into the ACM Awards broadcast last weekend, according to new stats from Nielsen Music. Viewers responded to the performances by giving a huge lift in sales and streams.
- Album of the Year and Female Vocalist of the year - Miranda Lambert. Her album Weight of These Wings was up 946% and jumped from #110 to #6 in overall album rank and also reclaimed the #1 position on the Country album chart. Total volume (album + TEA + Audio SEA) was up 663% and ranked improved to #12 from #192 the prior week. She also performed the song "Tin Man", which resulted in a 14500% increase in the song's sales and 406% increase in Audio Streams.
- New Vocal Group or Duo of the year went to Brothers Osborne - their album Pawn Shop jumped 229% in sales and 157% in Total volume and reached #65 on the album chart and #91 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. They also performed "It Ain't My Fault", which resulted in a 290% increase in song sales and a 36% increase in Audio Streams.
- Maren Morris continued her Award-season run by winning New Female Vocalist of the year. Her album Hero, which has garnered significant attention in 2017, was up 146% in sales and 96% in total volume last week. Hero moved up to #39 on the Top 200 from #92 the week prior. She also performed "I Could Use a Love Song", which lifted 280% in sales, 31% in Audio Streams and 53% in radio plays.
- Keith Urban had the most nominations and, despite not taking home any of the major awards, sales of his Ripcord album jumped by 87% and total volume increased by 83%. He also performed his songs "Blue Ain't Your Color" and "The Fighter" with Carrie Underwood, which provided significant lifts to those titles. "The Fighter" saw a sales increase of 99%, an increase in Audio Streams of 21% as well as a 13% increase in plays at radio. "Blue Ain't Your Color" had similar increases, with sales up 110% and Audio Streams up 8%.
- Thomas Rhett was the winner of Male Vocalist of the Year and his album Tangled increased by 63% and total consumption volume was up 34%. The single "Die a Happy Man" (which also won Song of the Year) also increased by 123% in sales, while streams are up 10% and radio plays are up 13%.
- Little Big Town won the award for Vocal Group of the Year and performed their hit "Happy People". The song had a 330% increase in sales and up 5% in Audio streams, as well as a 57% increase in radio plays.
- Kelsea Ballerini performed the song "Yeah Boy" and the song increased by 77% in sales, up 12% in Audio Streams and up 7% in radio plays.
- Reba McEntire performed her song "Back to God" with Lauren Daigle and the sales of the song increased by 1481%, Audio streams were up 226% and radio plays were up 12%. Sales of the album Sing it Now: Songs of Faith were up 72% and the album jumped to #43 from #112 on the Billboard top 200.