>>> MIDEM may be over but the news just keeps on coming:
- The Orchard has struck a deal with Sanctuary to take of its digital distribution.
- Indie Koch has contracted Intent MediaWorks to distribute content across P2P's and on websites, social networks, and blogs. Details were not disclosed.
- Attendees at music industry trade show MIDEM - 10,000+
- Attendees at musical instrument trade show NAMM - 84,000+
- "To be honest I'm afraid of the music industry falling apart," said Black Eyed Pea will.i.am. "The thing that makes me nervous is the hesitation that record companies have about the new technologies."
>>> French news service AFP published a decent layman's overview of the music industry's current woes. (AFP)
>>> The concept of licensing music download at the ISP level may be making a comeback. (MacWorld) Brilliant idea but don't hold your breath.
>>> Sanctuary posted another loss and is considering selling off more assets. (FMQB)